A New Feature in Our Newsletter & Website…A Family Devotional for the Week
A number of our newer families with children have asked for a brief, discussion-based devotional that they could use at home during mealtime. So here is Episode #1 entitled “Is God Outside?”
- Read a contemporary Bible translation such as the New International Version or the New Living Bible of Psalm 8 and Job 12:7-10
- Discuss the following questions:
– When you are outside, do you ever think about God?
– Do you feel closer to God when you are inside or outside? Why?
– The writer of Psalms thought of God when he looked at the moon & stars. Any idea why?
– The writer of Job seems to think we can talk to and listen to the animals and the earth and even learn from them. Have you ever learned anything from animals or from the earth?
- As a possible after dinner activity, go outside together and ask each family member to find one thing that reminds them of God or makes them want to ask God a question.
- Close with a brief prayer like this: God, thank you for creating such a beautiful and interesting world. Thank you for every plant, every animal, every person, and everything else you made. Help us to remember You whenever we are enjoying the outdoors. Amen.