Do you have a group that would like to rent our building for a single event? How about a recurring event? Please fill out the General Building Use Form below and send it to our Church Office! Be sure to check our Church Calendar on this website to be sure your date(s) are available!
I’ve got a great idea for an event FOR our church. How do I make it happen?
We are SO excited that you have an event idea for our church! We want to help you bring it to fruition in the easiest, most efficient way possible. Just follow these 7 easy steps and let us know how we can help you along the way.
- Share your idea with any one of the following people: the pastor, the chair of Reaching Out, or the chair of Reaching In. That person will give you a simple fill-in-the-blank proposal form to further flesh out your idea.
- Assemble a small team of others to champion and execute this idea with you. Be sure to find folks who share your passion for this idea.
- Determine your target audience for this event. Try to determine if it is aimed more at people already connected to this church or to those outside this congregation.
- Check-in with the church office to be sure the date(s) you’ve picked for your event work with the larger church calendar.
- Turn your completed proposal form to the head of Outreach IF your target audience is more folks not connected to this church, OR to the head of Reaching In if your audience is more likely to be our congregation. A link to this form is below.
- If necessary, meet with the appropriate team (Reaching Out or Reaching In) for support, encouragement, and resourcing as you move your plan forward. Even if you don’t meet with that team, be sure to keep them posted via email or written updates as the event draws nigh.
- If your event will involve money at any stage of your plan, be sure to connect with the Board of Trustees, as they coordinate and oversee all church finances.
Good luck! Thank you again for your passion, energy, and commitment to ministry here at 1st Congregational UCC!